I have this want to start over on just about everything in my life. I,of course, want to start over with ALL the knowledge I have accumulated up until this point in my life. Wouldn't that just be a sweet treat? Who wouldn't want a do over if that were the case. I do know that I would change many things that I obviously can't do anything about. So why you ask am I wasting time in my head wishing I could start over? Well, I just think that if a clean slate were an option it's always good to see where one has made poor choice or mistakes along the way. Yeah, I hear you. Mistakes are what makes us who we are, but I also think mistakes get in the way of who we can become.
If you could do the should of, would of, could of game and had a chance to clean slate your life. What would you change? I have learned so much via the internet on how things can be, and ways to do better.
So, I am asking for every one out there to entertain the thought.
Here are a few examples for me.
- I would have had my kids closer together. ( I am raising two seperate families due to the age gap and it's tough)
- I would have maintained keeping a smaller living space and just found creative ways to make it a home that accommodated our needs.
- I would have invested our money when we had it.
- I would have created a garden and taught my kids the meaning of eating "healthy".
- I would have been smarter with my finances. I would have eliminated all credit card debt.
- I would have been more loving and spent more time with myself.
- I would have taught my daughters that they matter and that loving yourself in healthy means is what it's all about.
- I would have gone back to school and stayed there no matter how hard it was/is.
- I would have started a college fund for all my kids or a savings for them so they could move out when the time was right.
- I would have travelled more.
- I would have played more.
- I would have mediated more and gone to yoga.
- I would have held my older kids more accountable.
- I would have had them work more and save more.
- I would have made my kids do more chores
- I would have taught them how to do laundry at an early age
- I would have pushed independence a bit more and the importance of relying on oneself.
- I would have made them buy their own car and gas.
- I would have expressed my feelings even when it was uncomfortable
- I would have demanded more of my needs to be met.
Just a few things .. and I know I can still do all that I listed.
That is where the stretching and uncomfortable feelings come into play. Am I ready?